Columbus Plus-Score July
Saturday, July 8, 2023
The Chess Enterprise presents the Columbus Plus-Score, a one day 4 round chess tournament. Each player has 60 minutes with a 5 second delay to complete each game. The tournament has 2 sections Premier (1600+) and Reserve (U1600). Prizes are based on your final score The playing site is conveniently located less than 10 minutes southwest from downtown Columbus and is close to many restaurants. Boards and sets provided, please bring clocks. Please know how to set your clock and how to adjust time on the clock in case of a time penalty. Open to all players.
Date: ONE DAY | Saturday, July 8, 2023
Location: Columbus-Grove City Elks, 2140 Sonora Drive, Grove City, OH 43123.
Format: 4 round Swiss. G/60 d5. US Chess rated. US Chess membership required.
Rounds: 10am, *Lunch break* 1pm, 3:30pm & 6pm/ASAP.
Sections: Premier (1600+), Reserve (U1600/UNR).
Prizes: Based on your final score.
- Premier (1600+): 4 - $200 3½ - $100 3 - $50 2½ - $25
- Reserve (U1600): 4 - $160 3½ - $80 3 - $40 2½ - $20
- $40 Early online by July 3. [CLICK HERE TO ENTER]
- $45 Regular online after.
- $50 At the Door. (cash or card ok, no checks).
- $15 play up fee for players under 1600 in the Premier section. Must be rated 1400+ to play in the Premier section.
- Onsite registration 9am to 9:30am.
- Online registration closes at midnight the day before the tournament.
- Section placement based on July 2023 official USCF ratings.
- TD discretion to use US Chess online rating for pairing purposes preserve fairness.
- Accelerated pairings at TD discretion. Sections may be combined at TD discretion.
- Refund minus a $3 admin fee until the end of registration.
- US Chess rated event. US Chess membership required.
- One ½-point bye OK for any round, must be requested before round 2 parings are posted.
- Assistance from other players or spectators is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Spectators may be asked to leave the playing area.
- TD may have a lower rated player join the Premier section to maintain an even number of players in the section.
- Junior players must be accompanied by an adult throughout the event.
- Handicap Accessible.
Advantages over place-based scoring
- Your score determines your prize. Once you finish your last game, you can receive your prize.
- Your prize does not get lowered if others tie with you. For example, if there are two 4-0 players both receive the full amount for 4-0.